Thursday 26 February 2009

Our Gill our Librarian in the Conductive World…

I had a very strange day today. I was meant to go to London for consultancy work, but we agreed to hold up that meeting. I received an e-mail this morning from a friend that Gill the librarian an old friend and a fellow colleague was made redundant at the National Institute of Conductive Education! Frankly I was shocked.

I drove to Southampton and I had a big puncture, which was very scary… I wouldn’t have made it for that meeting in London anyway and goodness knows what could have happened to me with a high speed on the motorway. The tire was slit open I have never seen anything like that before.

In these times we realise what is really important and what really matters.

Gill was the most reliable distant colleague of mine. I always knew that I could count on her when I contacted her. She built up the National Library of Conductive Education with devotion and pride.
What will happen to that library without her?? What will happen to the library? Was she treated justly and respectfully in the process??

My father taught me that ‘books are your best friends’…'what you learn and what you know is yours and nobody can take that away from you'.

Well someone is taking the Foundation’s cornerstone away from me and from the new generation to come!!! What are they thinking? I need to know. We all need to know.

http://ce-library.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frankly, I was shocked too. "... someone is taking the Foundation’s cornerstone away from me and from the new generation to come!!! What are they thinking? I need to know. We all need to know."

We all need to know.

Judit Szathmáry said...

I sincerely hope that we will have a proper public announcement with an explanation and an official response from the Chairman of the Trustees to the concerns of the International World of Conductive Education regarding the preservation of the National Library of Conductive Education and the role of Gill Maguire, Librarian.