Thursday 19 February 2009

The Endeavour Foundation is one of the largest non-government organisations in Australia providing opportunities for people with a disability.

Ian Fowell, with Endeavour's support, is establishing a reputation as an artist in his home town of Hervey Bay, Queensland and is winning awards.
Ian has been with Endeavour for over 20 years but his life changed forever when he began attending Endeavour's Learning and Lifestyle Centre in Maryborough, Queensland.
With tutoring and encouragement from the in-house artist and Centre staff, Ian's artistic flair began to blossom - along with a world of opportunity.
Ian is excited that he can now express himself through his art and regularly paints with a local art group. His award-winning painting titiled Roses (pictured above) appeared on Endeavour's 2008 Christmas cards.
Ian is enjoying being taught to work with a variety of media, including watercolours, oils, crayons and even mosaics.

http://www.endeavour.com.au/about_us/about_us.html

http://www.endeavourprizehomes.com.au/

2 comments:

Susie Mallett said...

I visited the Endeavour Foundation when I was travelling in Australia1988. It was good to be reminded of that visit and to take a new look at their activities.

Of course the success of Ian Fowell and of other artists interests me very much. I know from my own experience, and that of my clients, how important it is to communicate with images when sometimes words are not enough.


I am now all the more determined to begin art classes this spring for the adults at the home and workshop for disabled here in Nürnberg.

Nice to see you back blogging, Judit.

Susie

Judit Szathmáry said...

Dear Susie ♥

Thank you for your comment. I hope that you are feeling well!
I think you must! start the art classes which you will all thoroughly enjoy.
You have this gift, which must be shared. I love the painting, which you sent me when visiting England lately. It is very special to me.
Judit